Friday, December 9, 2011

sweet wedding cake

I just finished this cake for a small wedding.  It is an 8in and 6in vanilla cake.  I used the recipe from Gesine Bullock- Prado's book Confections of a Closet Master Baker.  If you love to bake and dream about opening your own shop you have to read this book!

I made the flowers using gum paste and fondant mixed together.  I made roses, hydrangeas, lily of the valley and some tiny filler flowers too.

I think its beautiful, if I do say so myself :)

I used two 8x2in and 6x2in each. these pans are by Wilton


my favourite vanilla

getting that butter and sugar nice and light and fluffy


I iced the cake white and made the flowers using ivory and yellow colouring.  I also dusted them with luster dust also by Wilton

The finished cake

back view


top view

I hope the bride will love it as much as I do and their marriage is just as sweet 

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Marketing
Top Home-Cooking Sites
submitgooglesitemap.com sitemap generator

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts