Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gingerbread Christmas tree

Another Christmas tradition i'm sure a lot of people bake this wonderful time of year are gingerbread cookies.  Fills the kitchen with spicy, cosy, warm, christmas sweetness.

I received this Wilton Cookie Tree kit for christmas last year so i've been waiting awhile to try and make this gingerbread tree which I thought, all though a little time consuming, was very easy to do.

The kit comes with the star shape cutters in graduated sizes, two icing tips- one round and one star, two piping bags and recipes to make all kinds of cookie trees, you can even make a gelatine one if you wanted.

I made two batches of Grandma's Gingerbread Cookies.  You can find the recipe on the Wilton website. here is the link:

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Grandmas-Gingerbread





The recipe says to melt the butter then add the sugar, molasses and beaten eggs to the pot  
 flour, ginger, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg


christmassy goodness right there :)


I had a lot of extra dough leftover so I made some other shapes too


stacking the stars

You can make a bigger tree by adding two stars of each size, I made a smaller version and just used one of each size star


I added some silver dragees, snowflake sprinkles and a fondant star

I love to bake...but HATE the clean up :s


More christmas cookies to come :) stay tuned 

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Marketing
Top Home-Cooking Sites
submitgooglesitemap.com sitemap generator

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts