Thursday, November 24, 2011

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

I have a bit of an obsession with cookbooks, mostly baking and cake decorating ones.  The newest to add to my ever growing collection is The Cupcake Diaries by Katherine and Sophie from the TLC hit show DC Cupcakes.  It is a great read and contain beautiful pictures.  I love their story and how they had the courage to follow their passion and open up a bakery.  I often dream of doing the same thing with my sister, but fear plays a rather very paralzying factor.
Since I have an abundance of apples at the moment I took the opportunity to make these amazing cupcakes for my grandmothers 91st birthday.


A lot of really great recipes in here that I can't wait to try

The recipe calls for fresh grated apple.  Then stuff them with caramel sauce and top with a cream cheese icing.  I think I did pretty good with their signature swirl. A step by step instruction of how they ice their cupcakes is in the book.

look at that caramel ...

have you ever seen such a pretty birthday candle? It sings happy birthday while spinning slowly in a circle.

enjoying her cupcake


91 years!! Happy birthday Nonna!!

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Marketing
Top Home-Cooking Sites
submitgooglesitemap.com sitemap generator

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts