Saturday, December 24, 2011

Peppermint bark

Instead of buying peppermint bark this year I decided to make my own, which I think tastes better than any store bought kind and is an easy and quick treat to put together

For the bark you will need 300g dark chocolate

break up the chocolate into a bowl and place the bowl over a pan of simmering water

I used Lindt 70% cocoa

you will need 1/2 tsp peppermint extract

For the topping I used 6 candy canes, you can really use whatever peppermint candy you have

I placed the candy canes in a freezer bag and crushed them with a rolling pin

Once the chocolate is melted, add the peppermint extract, stir until nice and smooth and pour onto a lined baking sheet.  I used a 1/2 sheet pan lined with a silpat

here is another type of bark I made using melted white chocolate that I topped with pecans and dried cranberries

Sprinkle the chocolate bark with the crushed candy canes and then place in the freezer until hard

then roughly break apart and place in a wax paper lined tin

I love the combination of peppermint and chocolate and this bark is perfect!


Merry Christmas eve!! xox

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Marketing
Top Home-Cooking Sites
submitgooglesitemap.com sitemap generator

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts